Here’s the second of three baby quilts. This one was a pattern in a magazine, I think Quilts and More, last year. There was also a quilt kit available, and I snapped one up. This doesn’t use a lot of fabric, so it was pretty economical. Plus, this is a great collection – lots of friendly pirate boys and girls.
Last summer, I finished the quilt top. Now, I’ve finished it with simple quilting, lines *near* the seams (ahem), resulting in a nice grid across the quilt.
This is the same fabric collection I used to make the pink tumbler quilt – Out to Sea by Sarah Jane. I like how different it looks here — all kinds of colors, and more gender neutral with the blue being more prominent.
It has a buttery yellow backing featuring anchors (one of my favorites), and a scrappy binding. Very little wasted fabric here!
It’s just a wee lil’ quilt at a finished size of 32″ by 36″.